Designed for guests who want to be free, unconventional, and in the moment; activities vary from castaway picnics on a deserted island – Kanuhura has two such islands that are exclusively for the use of its guests – to Maldivian warrior workouts, piloxing and outdoor cinema under the stars. All have been created for the playful guest who demands both luxury and style that matches their bohemian lifestyle and modern sophistication.
Turning convention on its head, activities at Kanuhura have a free-spirited appeal. For example, every guest has their own bicycle to explore the island, which at 1.4km is one of the largest in the Maldives, while the boxing ring is set on the beach and has an inspiring lagoon view. Two beachfront bars offer a full range of tropical tipples by resident mixologists, but the individualist mix-it-yourself traveler is also welcome to create their own concoctions under a teepee on the beach. World-travelers who want to learn how the locals used to stay fit, can sweat it out during a Maldivian warrior workout inspired by the traditions of the Maldives before the invention of gyms and air-conditioning. In addition to a visit to the gym, tennis or squash courts, those who want to work out in the heart of Mother Nature can enjoy a full body workout by stand-up paddle boarding across the resort’s lagoon or joining the resident personal trainer for an early morning jog around the island. A full range of watersports activities, fishing, snorkeling and diving are on hand for water babies.
At Kanuhura it’s not only about physical exercise, however: peaceful moments are a daily option with complimentary meditation and yoga classes led by the resident yogi and a full range of further yoga classes for all levels.
Foodies are well catered for with a choice of eight restaurants and bars around the island. An absolute must-do is a visit to Drift, a café-grill on a deserted island adjoining Kanuhura reached by a five-minute boat ride. Here tables and chairs are adrift on the beach under shady palm trees while hermit crabs, rabbits, hens and their chicks wander through the untamed jungle-like interior of the tiny island. This is a true Robinson Crusoe style escape that’s a million miles from the stresses of everyday life.
Activities at Kanuhura Maldives:
- Castaway picnic on a deserted island
- Two private deserted islands for day visits, snorkeling, exploring.
- “Gypset” sunset drinks in teepee on the beach
- Maldivian warrior workout
- Piloxing – (Pilates and boxing)
- Functional fitness classes
- Outdoor cinema under the stars
- Nature walk around the island
- Coconut tree climbing show
- Visit to Kanuhura’s orchid gardens
- Dolphin & manta safaris by speed boat
- Visit to a local Maldivian village to see island life and the turtle sanctuary
- Traditional Maldivian hand line fishing
- Fly fishing
- Big game fishing
- Beach boot camp
- Magical sunset cruise
- Private boat hire
- Jet skis and jet-lev flyer
- Stand up paddle boarding (SUP)
- Wakeboarding, mono-skiing and waterskiing
- Catamaran sailing
- Banana boat and fun tubes
- Morning jogging
- Personal fitness training
- Circuit training
- Kick boxing
- Beach boxing
- Beach Zumba
- Aqua fitness
- Swimming in the lagoon
- Snorkeling excursions to coral reefs
- Diving to over 40 incredible dive sites
- Turtle hatching on Kanuhura’s beaches – seasonal
- Tennis and tennis coaching
- Hermit crab racing
- Cooking classes
- Wine tasting sessions with sommelier
- Whisky tasting
- Coffee and chocolate mixology
- Full moon dinner on the beach
- “Dig In” dining on the beach
- Picnics – ‘grab and go’ from The Deli
- Spa – one of the widest choices of treatments in the country
- Sauna, jet & plunge pool, steam room
- Hair & beauty salon
- Wedding ceremonies
- Indoor games room (pool table, table tennis, table soccer, darts, board games, video games, card games)
- Eating well: eight restaurants and bars
- Kids’ club with daily activities program
About Kanuhura Maldives: Set across three islands – two deserted islands and Kanuhura itself – the celebrated resort reopened in December 2016 after an 18-month full renovation, winning recognition from Conde Nast Traveller as one of the world’s top hotel renovations. Inge Moore of the London-based luxury hospitality studio Muza Lab in collaboration with Hirsch Bedner Associates redesigned the private island resort as a paradise for the world’s free-spirited jetsetters. One of the largest islands in the Maldives at 1.4km in length, Kanuhura has only 80 thatched-roof villas scattered throughout its untamed tropical interior and on stilts over the requisite turquoise lagoon. Kilometers of unspoilt beaches slope gently into the warm ocean while the two deserted islands are reached by a picturesque 5-minute boat trip. Eight restaurants and bars offer a world of dining, including the not-to-be-missed Chef’s Herb Garden where candlelit dégustation dinners are served in the heart of the herb garden. Kokaa Spa has one of the largest treatment menus in the country and has won two awards: ‘Best Spa in the World 2017’ by National Geographic Traveller and ‘Luxury Island Resort Spa’ by the Luxury Spa Awards 2017. Kanuhura Maldives is a member of Leading Hotels of the World.
About Sun Resorts: Sun Resorts is part of the Sun Limited ‘Hotel Management’ Cluster. It owns and manages 4 hotels in Mauritius (La Pirogue Resort & Spa, Sugar Beach Resort & Spa, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort, Ambre Resort & Spa) and the iconic Ile aux Cerfs a leisure island on which is nestled a championship golf course designed by Bernhard Langer. In the Maldives, Sun owns and operates Kanuhura Maldives, a member of Leading Hotels of the World luxury collection.
Source : Maldives