Six resorts, all located in the central Baa atoll, have come together ahead of summer holidays to host a joint promotional event to promote the atoll as a single destination.
Soneva Fushi, Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, Dusit Thani Maldives, Amilla Fushi, Finolhu Maldives and Vakkaru Maldives have joined hands to celebrate the Summer Festival with a bang in Baa atoll, calling it the “Baa Atoll Summer Festival 2018”.
This first ever and one-of-its-kind festival will be held from July 20 to August 3, bringing the best each resort has to offer in the dining scene. Guests from each resort will have the opportunity to experience the varied cuisines Baa atoll has to offer as a destination, on dedicated nights. This will give them a taste of the creativity and service of their resort of choice, with a chance to explore other islands during their stay.
On Wednesday, all participating resorts came together at Soneva Fushi sandbank to bring this festival to light with an official announcement during a gathering with chefs, marine biologists and the leaders.
The Baa Atoll Summer Festival will officially launch on July 20, with a cocktail event in each of the resorts where the teams will celebrate with their guests the opening night. From the following day, each resort will welcome the guests from other resorts with a special set menu for dinner in their featured dining restaurant, for two consecutive weeks on a designated night.
This gives the resort the opportunity to showcase its dining scene to the guests of the resort itself and those visiting from the other islands for dinner. Transportation will be organised by the respective resorts to the featured resort on a daily basis, for a minimum charge of USD 25++ per person.
If the guests would like to repeat their experience in a specific resort, then special arrangements will be made to accommodate the same. Each resort will present a set menu for USD 120++ per person on food, with a special menu for kids. The price of the menu in each featured restaurant will remain the same. This is compiled with an aim to create an experience for the guests as the talented chefs unveil their dishes.
Schedule for the festival:
- July 21 and 28: Amilla Fushi
- July 22 and 29: Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru
- July 23 and 30: Finolhu
- July 24 and 31: Dusit Thani
- July 25 and August 1: Soneva Fushi
- July 26 and August 2: Vakkaru
- Out of the Blue (Soneva Fushi): Once Upon a Table, which opened in May 2018, is one of the five new outlets in Soneva Fushi’s ‘Out of the Blue’ dining complex; a two-storey overwater structure with beautiful views of the sunset. A culinary theatre showcasing some of the biggest names in fine dining, Once Upon a Table’s horseshoe shaped table seats just eight diners for an intimate dining experience. In 2018, more than 30 of the world’s top chefs, most with one or two Michelin stars, will cook at the outlet.
- Blu (Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru): Overlooking a 1.2 mile lagoon, Blu embraces the essence of the Maldives as the place where the ocean meets the sky. This contemporary Italian restaurant serves light Mediterranean fare during the day and offers a fine dining experience in the evening, serving up vibrant dishes with a Southern Italian accent.
- Benjarong (Duist Thani): Benjarong, the signature overwater Thai restaurant, takes diners to the Land of Smiles with authentic delicacies bringing Royal Thai cuisine to Baa atoll.
- Feeling Koi (Amilla Fushi): Crystal waters lap below Amilla Fushi’s signature restaurant. Japanese minimalism on an open deck, chefs performing in a theatre kitchen – culinary magic with exquisite presentation. Izakaya-style dining comes to life with openhearted service and shared ‘tapas’ plates. Umami works of art in a spectacular setting. Downstairs, a lounge bar for post-dinner drinks. Smooth sounds from the DJ, moon reflecting off the seas.
- Kanusan (Finolhu): Kanusan’s deck dips you into a dazzling dining experience. Whet your whistle on classic favourites such as Mandarin roasted duck and larb gai — with a refreshing Kanusan twist. Kanusan features a totally fresh overwater bar area and two dining areas. There is a chilled indoor dining space, and an open lower deck which provides the archetypal Maldivian experience of being surrounded by the sights and sounds of the sea.
- ONU (Vakkaru): ONU means Bamboo in local Dhivehi language. An elegant bamboo fashioned culinary theatre within a tropical plantation offering a dining experience inside and out, seasoned with a tropical ambiance, idolising the finest from our organic farm. A designed space with showcase kitchen, counter dining, garden pavilions and lounge areas.
“This destination dining concept aims to tantalise the taste buds of our guests in all participating resorts and make Baa Atoll location in Maldives a ‘must visit’ Atoll during summer. Moreover, during this summer festival, each resort will offer a calendar of activities to keep the entire family entertained, from water sports to kids’ activities and more. It is fun time for all,” a joint statement read.
“The team have come together to show the strength in the form of a dedicated website and social media account that will be constantly updated with beach activities, events and water experiences. With this first ever event, Baa Atoll destination has created a benchmark for itself and aims to be more creative in the years to come with the support of Maldives Media.”
The Baa Atoll Summer Festival closing ceremony will once again bring the teams together in celebration, on a sandbank for a Catamaran Regatta competition on August 3.
Baa atoll, the only UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in the Maldives, is currently home to a number of resorts, including those run by world-renowned brands.
Established in 1995, Soneva Fushi is the original Soneva. The No News, No Shoes blueprint for all desert island barefoot luxury hideaways is located within the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in the Maldives. Soneva Fushi inspires the imagination with 65 spacious beachfront villas, ranging in size from one to nine bedrooms, hidden amongst dense foliage.
Located just 30 minutes by seaplane from the main Velana International Airport, Amilla Fushi offers a choice of 59 Houses that sit gracefully over crystal clear waters, nestled amongst lush tree tops or hugging the shores of pristine white sand. Additionally, eight spectacular four to eight-bedroom Beach Residences ideally suited to large families, groups of friends and VVIPs seeking the ultimate in space and privacy are also available.
Just 30 minutes by speedboat from sister resort Amilla, Finolhu is a stylish and eclectic retreat with a buzzy bon-vivant vibe and a refreshing, retro-inspired burst of fun for the region. Bringing toes-in-the-sand relaxation to fun-loving beach-erati alongside the best DJs, live acts and most fabulously chic parties in the Maldives. Finolhu’s 125 villas come on the ocean, the lagoon or by the beach, with or without pool in either one or two bedroom options being the ultimate island experience for chic couples, fun-loving families and gatherings of friends alike.
Combining innovation, wellness and conservation, Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru is a 44-acre wonderland of pristine tropical beauty. Exotic jungle greenery is flanked by immaculate white beaches and one of the Maldives’ largest natural lagoons.
Located on Mudhdhoo Island in Baa Atoll — the Maldives’ first ever UNESCO biosphere reserve — Dusit Thani Maldives blends gracious Thai hospitality with the unparalleled luxury setting of the Maldives. This luxury island resort comprises 95 villas encircled by white sandy beaches, a stunning 360 degree house reef and a turquoise lagoon. With a unique combination of beach and lagoon accommodation, Dusit Thani Maldives provides an unmatched luxurious escape for all travellers.
A secluded tropical island resort blessed with timeless ocean views, white sandy beaches and nurtured by nature, Vakkaru offers guests a holistic approach to unassuming luxury and unforgettable experiences. Whether travelling on a romantic break or with family and friends, the resort offers a superlative choice of accommodation types, including family rooms. Each of the 125 beach and overwater villas and suites have a natural aesthetic and sense of privacy.
Source URL: Maldives Insider